In 2016 I served teaching at the Ukrainian Evangelical Theological Seminary in Kiev, Ukraine. I taught my course Practical Theology of Worship, led songwriting workshops and a staff retreat. Our ministry also donated an acoustic-electric guitar, several books for their library, CD’s, songbooks and other music resources. This wonderful bible college is training the next generation of young adults to be musically skilled and spiritually anointed leaders.
Here’s some take away’s from my missions trip to Ukraine.
- Ukraine is a strategic nation.
- Largest country in Europe (land mass).
- Had a Revolution in 2013-14. Maidan massacre led to overthrow of corrupt president.
- Under attack by Russian separatists in Crimea
- Corruption is still a big problem, endemic to historical culture.
- Known as “the Bible Belt” of eastern Europe
- UETS sends missionaries all over Russian speaking areas of the world
- The students and staff are courageous, passionate, dedicated followers of Jesus.